Saturday, September 25, 2004

I am a jelly donut!

I just discovered the coolest link to my site yet, from Welt am Draht, a German site that promises (according to the Babel Fish translator) "The world at the wire, that are comments, information, thoughts and naturally News approximately around the world of the Comics and beyond that." Awesome!

The post (written by Björn) appears to agree with my recent Star Wars entry, in which I said I couldn't get too mad at George Lucas' crazy revisions any more, because of how my interest in his films has waned. Björn begins by saying (again, via Babel Fish),

Even 27 after year the Erstveroeffentlichung cannot one star Wars escape. And since DVD release still many less. Thus some hates it (some hates it even still more). Thus the Gehasse goes to some on the nerves. I can divide the opinion of Tom the Dog very well.
Which made me nervous. I thought he was mad at me. I don't want strange Europeans mad at me. I don't want my Gehasse to go some on his nerves. (If the Gehasse is even mine to begin with.)

But then he says,

That is practically my history with star Wars. Since then I saw the film in the primary school the first time, could not get I from the universe enough. During my early dte rodent years Timothy of tooth Thrawn Trilogie heated my enthusiasm up again. One could have shown me a Alien from the film the fact that for a Frame occurred and I would have name, homeland planet, life history, social security number and shoe size down-prays to be able.
That's pretty funny. Score one for Björn! ("Timothy of tooth", by the way, is Babel Fish's translation of Timothy Zahn. What "dte rodent years" means, I have no idea.)

There's more:

I was so bad... and where the DVDs outside am now: Nothing. It is all the same to me. Without which I did not notice it have star Wars its relevance lost... the first Trilogie have I for 6 or 7 years no more looked.
He hasn't watched the original films for as long as I said I hadn't. Look at us connecting, all the way across the Atlantic! See, not everyone in the world hates America!

But this is my favorite part:

I like also Empire still. But apart from it... nothing. It is nearly already no matter to me that Lucas Hayden Christiansen builds into the film (only the Greedo first shoots, which disturbs me... because it Han equal solo ones a whole corner makes desert).
Even Germans hate Greedo shooting first!! That's so excellent. I don't know what "a whole corner makes desert" means, but still... excellent. You hear that, Lucas? You've alienated your European fans, too!

Okay, I lied: my absolutely favorite part is really this bit, which appears after he's done talking about me, and which I shall leave as it actually appears on the site, untranslated:

Kleines Follow Up zum letzten Post: Mehr GrĂ¼nde warum John Byrne "an jackass of the highest order" ist.
Germans are the best!

Labels: , , ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com