Monday, August 13, 2007

You Know What I Like?

A long while ago, I decided that after I post something incredibly negative, as I've been doing for the past few days, I should post something positive to make up for it. So please enjoy the second installment of:

Tom the Dog's Abecedarian List of Things I Like.

Or,

Frickin' Awesome Stuff from A to Z.



The Dealer had a knife and the dog had a gun and the cat had a shot of rye.
Axton, Hoyt.
Singer, actor, good ol' boy. The first concert I ever went to.

This is just a punk rock song/Written for the people who can see something's wrong.
Bad Religion.
Punks with a thesaurus.

At least three of his seven words get said on TV all the time now. All of 'em, if you're watching Deadwood.
Carlin, George.
My comedy idol.

Thanks for the sour persimmons, cousin.
Daffy Duck.
My all-time favorite cartoon character.

The Striking Viking!
Ewa Mataya Laurance.
WPBA Champion; hottie.

Hello, CD listeners.
Full Moon Fever.
One of the ten best albums ever recorded.

That's sad.
Gaffigan, Jim.
Possibly the funniest comedian of the new millennium.

I'm eating some right now.
Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips: Sweet Maui Onion.
Tastiest potato chip ever!

That's what a hamburger's all about.
In-N-Out Burger.
Best fast food burger in the world.

It's got a death curse!
Jason Voorhees.
Hooray, insane mass murderer! Wait a minute...

Hi ho!
Kermit the Frog.
I can do an awesome impression. No foolin'.

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Lorax, The.
One of my favorite books, children's or otherwise.

And the frog says, "Well, you wouldn't shit me, now, would you?"
McCabe & Mrs. Miller.
Altman's greatest movie, which means one of the greatest movies ever made.

I damn thee!
Navin R. Johnson.
My sister's cat is named after him.

Home of Jaime Sommers!
Ojai, CA.
Shangri-La.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
Pirates of the Caribbean.
The Disneyland ride, not the movies.

You're dead, this is the afterlife -- and I'm God.
Q.
As played by John DeLancie.

I'm not arresting you anymore.
RoboCop.
Kind of an obvious one.

Without which this blog would not be possible.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Best mass-marketed beer available.

Click to biggie size!
Triunfo de la Muerte, El.
By Pieter Brueghel the Elder. My favorite work of art. Viewed it in person at the Prado Museum in Madrid.

It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man.
Unforgiven.
One of the few times the Oscars have gotten it right.

So it goes.
Vonnegut, Kurt.
My literary hero.

What ho what ho what ho!
Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville.
The funniest writer of the 20th Century.

I can still see!!!
X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes.
Don Rickles. 'Nuff said.

Yo, Ding Dong, man. Ding Dong. Ding Dong, yo.
Yankovic, "Weird Al."
First album I ever owned: "Weird Al" Yankovic In 3-D.

Also performs in a cabaret act called If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies.
Zooey Deschanel.
Soon to be playing Janis Joplin. Nifty!



Feel free to comment, or to come up with your own list. Let's make this the beginning of Positive Thinking Week!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com