Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sidebar Update

Time for another of my world-famous Sidebar Updates!

The new Object of My Affection is a longtime Object of My Affection: Corinne Bohrer, whom I've loved since E/R. No, not the TV show with George Clooney -- the other TV show with George Clooney! The sitcom from the '80s which also featured Elliot Gould, a pre-Seinfeld Jason Alexander, a pre-Battlestar Galactica Mary McDonnell, and yes, the adorable Ms. Bohrer. Here's a bonus picture of her, being all cute, '80s-style:

Note the necktie. Damn, the '80s were stupid.

And she's also featured in one of the new "Mac/PC" commercials, as PC's therapist:


Still hot! She's turning 50 this year, yet she looks like she's barely aged a day since 1985. Them's good genes.

Stephen King's The Dark Tower is still under Reading. I'm a couple hundred pages into it, and I have to say, it's not really wowing me yet.

For Watching, I continue writing my unabashed love letter to Turner Classic Movies. Best run channel on TV, bar none. This week, I watched a couple great Danny Kaye musical comedies, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and The Court Jester, and an absolutely brilliant Buster Keaton silent, Our Hospitality, which had me rolling with laughter when it didn't have me gasping in shock at the dangerous stunts. And I've got several others recorded and ready to roll, including The Misfits (the last completed film for both Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe), The Asphalt Jungle (a John Huston classic I've somehow managed to avoid), and what may be the only Scorsese film I've never seen, the musical New York, New York.

Listening to Asking for Flowers, the new album from one of my recent favorites, Canadian alt-country darling Kathleen Edwards. I've actually heard a couple songs from the album getting some radio play in Austin, so hopefully she'll finally gain the American popularity she deserves. And the Lyric of the Moment is taken from the first single, "The Cheapest Key."

And after replacing it with "Loving" in the previous Update, I've restored the Hating entry. Currently, my hate is focused on Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, who are doing everything in their power, with their increasingly vicious infighting (and let's face it, especially on the part of Hillary) to the exclusion of all else, to sabotage their own party and give John McCain huge boosts in the polls. Once again, we see there is no election so in-the-bag that the Democrats can not give it away.

And that's about the size of it. Go away!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com