Lyrics Quiz 2
As threatened, here is my second Lyrics Quiz. Again, it's hard to judge the difficulty of the quiz from inside my own brain. They all look easy to me! We'll see how you do.
Rules: in the comments, write the number of the lyric, and then the artist and song title from which the lyric comes. No Googling, or God'll getcha!
1. "He loves the world, except for all the people." Men at Work, "Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive" (Greg Burgas)
2. "I was just 34 years old, and I was still wandering in a haze." Pete Townshend, "Slit Skirts" (franko)
3. "Didn't it feel good, sitting there talking, or lying there not talking." Joni Mitchell, "Help Me" (Roger Owen Green)
4. "You know waking up to the daily blues from waking up to the daily news ain't nothing strange."
5. "Tonight the windows are watching, the streets all conspire, and the lamppost can't stop crying." Bad Religion, "Stranger Than Fiction" (nicholas)
6. "She's some kind of angel, if you know what I mean." Matthew Sweet, "Evangeline" (Gordon)
7. "You fucked it up, you should've quit." Aimee Mann, "Long Shot" (Nik)
8. "What do you do when all your enemies are friends?" Foo Fighters, "Monkey Wrench" (Gordon)
9. "I'm not black like Barry White, no, I am white like Frank Black is." Bloodhound Gang, "Fire Water Burn" (nicholas)
10. "You are the reason I've been waiting so long; somebody holds the key." Blind Faith, "Can't Find My Way Home (Sitruc)
11. "I start making a deal inspired by gravity." Indigo Girls, "Airplane" (PhilipF)
12. "She left her pills in the glove compartment." Fountains of Wayne, "Mexican Wine" (blair)
13. "Should be more to learn from this; can't say I know what it is."
14. "And then he waits, and then he fakes, and then he bends, and then he shakes." Los Lobos, "Kiko and the Lavender Moon" (Johnny B)
15. "I could give you a star, you could give me one too, and that way we'd be even." The Refreshments, "Down Together" (Davinder)
16. "Don't just call me pessimist; try and read between the lines."
17. "You get to me, you're always outta champagne." The Replacements, "Waitress in the Sky" (spencer)
18. "White cane lying in a gutter in the lane, if you're walking home alone." Neil Young, "Don't Let It Bring You Down" (Sitruc)
19. "What is truth? Is truth unchanging law? We both have truths -- are mine the same as yours?" Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack, "Trial Before Pilate" (Greg Burgas)
20. "Well, sir, I guess there's just a meanness in this world." Bruce Springsteen, "Nebraska" (Gordon)