Lyrics Quiz 3
Here we go with Lyrics Quiz #3! It feels like kind of a weird one to me. See what you think.
As always, provide the name of the song and the artist in the comments. And no Googling, or Cthulu will get you!
And happy Cinco de Mayo!
1. "You're the Great One, I'm Marty McSorley." Kathleen Edwards, "I Make the Dough, You Get the Glory" (Peter)
2. "Taurus: Contemplate domestic turmoil. Aquarius: Abandon hope for future plans." They Might Be Giants, "Hide Away Folk Family" (The Eyeball Kid)
3. "Sense of security, like pockets jingling." Faith No More, "Midlife Crisis" (Davinder)
4. "But I'm proud to recall that in no time at all, with no other recourses but my own resources, with firm application and determination, I made a fool of myself!" Danny Kaye, "The Maladjusted Jester" (The Eyeball Kid)
5. "Gee, our old LaSalle ran great." All in the Family, "Those Were the Days (Bill Sherman)
6. "And Thor said, 'I'm gonna kill 'em all with my hammer, like I killed the giants.'" Hedwig and the Angry Inch soundtrack, "Origin of Love" (PhilipF)
7. "You were the best thing I should never have seen." The Pretenders, "Human" (Gordon and Catherine)
8. "Grade on a curve and you'll observe I'm right below the horizon." They Might Be Giants, "Boss of Me" (The Eyeball Kid)
9. "With a gun and a rope and a hatful of hope, we planted our family tree." Bonanza, "Bonanza Theme" (Gordon)
10. "A brave man once requested me to answer questions that are key." Johnny Mandel, "Suicide Is Painless" (Monty)
11. "Por el camino del desierto el viento me despeina." Gipsy Kings, "Hotel California" (Todd C. Murry)
12. "I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high, I tore my mind on a jagged sky." Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" (Josh)
13. "The monkeys stand for honesty, giraffes are insincere." Simon & Garfunkel, "At the Zoo" (Noel Murray)
14. "You asked me why I came here, but you're the one who phoned." Hoyt Axton, "When the Morning Comes"
15. "They needed a man who was brave and true with justice for all as his aim." Frankie Laine, "Blazing Saddles" (Bill Sherman)
16. "The noonday train will bring Frank Miller; if I'm a man I must be brave." Tex Ritter, "Do Not Forsake Me (The Ballad of High Noon)" (Dr. K)
17. "Here I am like a kid at a school, holding hands with a god, I'm a fool." Maureen McGovern, "Can You Read My Mind?" (SamuraiFrog)
18. "There's such a lot of world to see." Audrey Hepburn, "Moon River" (Gordon)
19. "There's not a line that goes here that rhymes with anything." Camper Van Beethoven, "Take the Skinheads Bowling" (Bill Sherman)
20. "There comes a time in every little punk's life when he has to write a song for his common-law wife." The Who, "Mike Post Theme"