Thursday, February 21, 2008

eBay, Austin, Oscars, and not much else

Isn't that just like me: to disappear for nearly a month, and then pop back in again to pimp a couple new eBay auctions? Namely, these two:

Y: The Last Man -- first 5 issues

Fables -- first 50 issues

I will admit, I'm aiming for a much higher price than usual on these two bids, but frankly, I think they're worth the big bucks. These are pretty much the jewels of my comics collection right now, as far as the current marketplace is concerned. Is it so wrong to expect some high bids? Well, we'll just have to wait and see if they attract the kind of dough I'm looking for -- or any bids at all, for that matter.

So, about me: I've finally moved out of the uncomfortably crowded situation I've been in since I've been in Austin, and into an awesome house with hardwood floors and a huge backyard in a really lovely neighborhood. I'm so happy I could be sick! And I am -- sick, that is. I came down with some nasty congestion-type thing the day after moving in this week, so I've just been sitting around, watching the big screen TV (finally out of storage!!!), doing nothing to unpack the millions of boxes lying all around the place. Oh well, no rush.

Also, I'm starting my new job Monday. Not wild about it, but it'll do for now. Especially if it helps me afford entry into the very-nearly-here South By Southwest festival! This will be my first SXSW and I can't wait. I may even talk a friend or two from out of town into visiting, which would be brilliant.

And before that: the Rattlesnake Round-Up & Chili Cook-Off in Sweetwater. My wristband pass is already waiting! Now this is what Texas is all about.

As for posting here: it'll still be pretty patchy for a while. I'm hoping to get back on a regular schedule by March. And I'm really, really hoping I get the opportunity to do my traditional live-blogging of the Oscars this Sunday night -- but I wouldn't count on it. Just too much else to deal with! If you miss my post (and you should, you ingrates!), here's how to simulate it yourself: drink a bottle of Jack Daniels, and call everyone you see on your TV a douchebag. Loudly. Then maybe cry uncontrollably.

Okay, I'm going to go find some more comics to sell. Talk to you again soon (well, sooner than between the last post and this one, anyway).

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com