Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy Slightly Less Than New Year

Yes, I'm still here, and I'm still slacking on the blog, but rest assured, I still love each and every one of you, except for the ones that I don't, which is all of you, because I've never met you and that would be weird and a little icky.

Tomorrow (fingers crossed), I'll finally get around to posting my look back at the movies of 2007. Meanwhile, I've added two movie blogs to my sidebar, both of which are written by my very good friends whom I have never met:

--Monty on Movies, by Monty Ashley, which I could've sworn I had added a long time ago, but apparently had not. It's a nicely informal and to-the-point record of the movies Monty watches, many new, many old and eclectic, if I am using the word "eclectic" correctly here, and I'm not entirely sure I am.

--Ken Lowery, the less-than-imaginatively named site (I calls 'em like I sees 'em, buddy -- and speaking of which, where did that phrase originate?) by Ken Lowery. Quite a change from when his site was named "Ringwood Ragefuck." Perhaps he is trying to put that behind him, so forget I mentioned it. Lots of sharp, insightful reviews, and I like that in his Top Ten list (11, actually) for 2007, he remembered back to Breach and its powerful performance from Chris Cooper.

See you tomorrow. Meantime, I'm going to watch this movie I got for Christmas:

Super Sisters On Cycles!

Darktown Strutters! A blaxploitation spoof, as I understand it, co-starring Roger E. Mosley, who played a character in Magnum P.I. named TC, which is the nickname most people know me by in Austin. Whoa, heavy! Looks awesome. Thanks, Santa!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com