Saturday, December 20, 2008

Music Quiz Answers

And now the answers to my latest Music Quiz! Not a lot of particpants in this one, so a big thank you to those of you who did join in. But that left a lot of unanswered lyrics. Frowny face! Well, here are all the answers (and the names of those who got them right). And hopefully I can narrow this list down to make a nice mix CD for my sister's kids to enjoy.

1. "I'd take the seasick crocodile" Whirling Dervishes, "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (Ian)

2. "He's embedded in the ground" The Who, "Boris the Spider"

3. "With a bit of rock music, everything is fine" Abba, "Dancing Queen"

4. "And who shall wear the starry crown?" Alison Krauss, "Down in the River To Pray" (Nicholas)

5. "For I'm bound to ride that Northern railroad" Soggy Bottom Boys, "Man of Constant Sorrow" (Nicholas)

6. "Trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry" Bananarama, "Cruel Summer"

7. "But it never really mattered, I will always feel the same" The Beatles, "I Will" (Nicholas)

8. "When the day that lies ahead of me seems impossible to face" Bill Withers, "Lovely Day"

9. "You gotta take a lesson from Mother Nature and if you do you'll know" The Brady Bunch, "Time To Change"

10. "Everything I want the world to be is now coming true especially for me" The Carpenters, "On Top of the World"

11. "But when I get back home you're always there to rub my back" Fountains of Wayne, "Hey Julie"

12. "He can't dance, he can't sing, but he will eat most anything" (No one will get this one. Even Google only returns a single working result. Don't use Google, cheater.) Hoyt Axton, "Fearless the Wonder Dog"

13. "And he loved me so naughty, made me weak in the knees" (I forgot about that line. That's not kid friendly! Better toss it, I guess.) Joni Mitchell, "River"

14. "Well, he fought with the goblins, he battled a troll" Leonard Nimoy, "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"

15. "Forget about your worries and your strife" Louis Armstrong, "Bare Necessities" (Ian)

16. "But jumping queues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat" Manfred Mann, "The Mighty Quinn" (Johnny Bacardi)

17. "I stick out my chin and grin and say" Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, "Tomorrow" (Nicholas)

18. "If you need a companion well just go right by the pound and find yourself a hound" Nellie McKay, "The Dog Song" (Franko)

19. "When Big Larry came 'round just to put him down, Spongebob turned into a clown" SpongeBob Squarepants, "I Ripped My Pants"

20. "That's nobody's business but the Turks" They Might Be Giants, "Istanbul (Not Constantinople" (Nicholas)

21. "It is you (oh yeah), it is you, you (oh yeah), it is you, you (oh yeah yeah yeah)" Toots and the Maytals, "Pressure Drop"

22. "And you know I'm so wired up, don't need no coffee in my cup" Van Morrison, "Jackie Wilson Said" (Johnny Bacardi)

Labels: ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com