Thursday, December 11, 2008

20 Favorite Actresses

I was tagged by SamuraiFrog at Electronic Cerebrectomy with the following meme: pick your 20 favorite actresses. While I hate memes with such difficult rules, I decided to play along with this one anyway.

I would've posted this sooner, but SamuraiFrog made this cool collage of the 20 actresses he picked, so I wanted to do it too. I think it turned out very nice. You don't have to leave me a compliment in the comments but it wouldn't hurt, what with Santa watching and all.

After the super-keen collage, I've listed all 20 actresses, and my two favorites of their films. In most cases, these aren't going to be their most iconic film appearances, nor even arguably their best performances; these are just the films closest to my heart for whatever reason. Also, I've probably accidentally left out one or more of my favorites due to faulty wiring in my puzzler. I reserve the right not to get too worked up about it.

Feel free to add your two cents, either in the comments or on your own blog, since I'm old and tired and can't be bothered to officially tag anyone else with this meme.

I tell you, it is mere coincidence that these women all have been, or eventually will be, filed under the category: Objects of My Affection.


Cate Blanchett -- The Lord of the Rings, The Aviator
Hope Davis -- Mumford, American Splendor
Zooey Deschanel -- Almost Famous, Elf
Minnie Driver -- Grosse Pointe Blank, Good Will Hunting
Faye Dunaway -- Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown
Jodie Foster -- Taxi Driver, The Accused
Audrey Hepburn -- Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's
Katharine Hepburn -- The Philadelphia Story, The African Queen
Holly Hunter -- Raising Arizona, Broadcast News
Grace Kelly -- Rear Window, To Catch a Thief
Laura Linney -- The Truman Show, You Can Count on Me
Myrna Loy -- The Thin Man, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
Marilyn Monroe -- Some Like It Hot, The Misfits
Julianne Moore -- Boogie Nights, The Big Lebowski
Parker Posey -- Kicking and Screaming, Henry Fool
Susan Sarandon -- Bull Durham, Dead Man Walking
Meryl Streep -- The Deer Hunter, Silkwood
Lili Taylor -- Say Anything..., I Shot Andy Warhol
Uma Thurman -- Dangerous Liaisons, Pulp Fiction
Sigourney Weaver -- Aliens, Death and the Maiden

Labels: , ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com