I need to post something, but I can't get inspired to create an actual thought-out entry. So instead, here's a music quiz.
I'm making my sister a mix CD that she can play for her kids, since they (especially The Cutest Niece In The World) really love the last one I made for them. I've got a couple dozen songs I'm trying to choose between -- mostly bouncy and cheerful, some just because they're pretty; silly words are a plus. I'm listing a random lyric from each song below. You guess the title of the song and the artist. Winner gets to cheat on their New Year's resolutions with impunity.
1. "I'd take the seasick crocodile"
2. "He's embedded in the ground"
3. "With a bit of rock music, everything is fine"
4. "And who shall wear the starry crown?"
5. "For I'm bound to ride that Northern railroad"
6. "Trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry"
7. "But it never really mattered, I will always feel the same"
8. "When the day that lies ahead of me seems impossible to face"
9. "You gotta take a lesson from Mother Nature and if you do you'll know"
10. "Everything I want the world to be is now coming true especially for me"
11. "But when I get back home you're always there to rub my back"
12. "He can't dance, he can't sing, but he will eat most anything" (No one will get this one. Even Google only returns a single working result. Don't use Google, cheater.)
13. "And he loved me so naughty, made me weak in the knees" (I forgot about that line. That's not kid friendly! Better toss it, I guess.)
14. "Well, he fought with the goblins, he battled a troll"
15. "Forget about your worries and your strife"
16. "But jumping queues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"
17. "I stick out my chin and grin and say"
18. "If you need a companion well just go right by the pound and find yourself a hound"
19. "When Big Larry came 'round just to put him down, Spongebob turned into a clown"
20. "That's nobody's business but the Turks"
21. "It is you (oh yeah), it is you, you (oh yeah), it is you, you (oh yeah yeah yeah)"
22. "And you know I'm so wired up, don't need no coffee in my cup"