Sunday, January 01, 2006

An exciting preview of 2006 at Tom the Dog's You Know What I Like?

Happy New Year, all y'alls! Despite my sickness, I was able to have a very enjoyable New Year's Eve, hanging out at a friend's house in Ojai, drinking, eating delicious barbecued steaks, drinking, watching a very, very bad movie, drinking, and getting depressed witnessing the sad state of Dick Clark.

Here are some things I have enjoyed (or not) over the past week and a half, that I plan on writing about at some point. Not that I'm going to make a resolution that I'll definitely write about all of them, or anything like that. Because that can only end in disappointment. But I will try to hit the high points. (And a few low points.)

BOOKS:

The Areas of My Expertise, by John Hodgman

The Amphora Project, by William Kotzwinkle

TV:

Sci-Fi Channel's Twilight Zone marathon

The last Monday Night Football telecast on ABC

THEATER:

Munich

DVD:

Madagascar

War of the Worlds

American Pie Presents: Band Camp (this is the very, very bad movie I mentioned)

Kicking and Screaming

THE INTERNET:

Saturday Night Live's The Chronic(what?)cles of Narnia sketch, which has to be the funniest thing they've done in five years, easy (it's under "Videos," and might not be there for very long; check it out while you can)

EXCURSIONS:

Dave & Buster's

The Broncos/Raiders game at Mile High Stadium on Christmas Eve (sweet!)

MUSIC:

Kathleen Edwards, Back to Me

Neil Diamond, 12 Songs

...and old albums I copied onto my MP3 player from my brother-in-law, from such groups as Coldplay, Ben Folds, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Randy Newman, Jack Johnson, Johnny Cash, Cake, and Ryan Adams.



So I've got no excuse not to post a ton of stuff over the coming days and weeks! Other than my natural tendency to laziness. Which is legendary.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com