Thursday, July 01, 2004

TV: Aces and eights, baby, aces and eights

Tonight it's all about the poker. Ideally, I've got a real-life poker game to attend, but since Schleprock has better luck than I do, the plans'll probably fall apart. Thankfully, I have an emergency back-up plan in place: Celebrity Poker Showdown on Bravo.

Tonight is the two-hour final table, in which the winners from the previous rounds compete for the grand prize for their charities. Also, I've got last week's episode still unwatched on my TiVo. Sadly, I already know who won that game (if you don't know, I won't spoil it for you, but her initials are Maura Tierney), but I'll watch the sumbitch anyway.

Tonight's final table consists of Rosario Dawson (who should be first eliminated, if there's any justice; she's a terrible player, who got very, very lucky), Dule Hill (who also was incredibly lucky, but still had a certain amount of skill as well), Michael Ian Black (who beat Norm McDonald in the best episode so far this season), Lauren Graham (whom I love, and will be rooting for), and Maura. Who, hey, I just realized! She was host Dave Foley's girlfriend on NewsRadio, one of my favorite sitcoms ever. Funny I didn't make that connection until just now.

Speaking of Dave: what's the over/under on how drunk he's going to be tonight? I'm saying drunk enough to forget Maura Tierney's name, and to make an ass of himself by interrupting the game, but not quite drunk enough to pick a fight with giant co-host Phil Gordon. Seriously, that guy's gotta be nine feet tall.

Labels: , , , ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com