Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Resolution: return Sidebar Updates to Weekly status!

Resolutions are made to be broken, but I'm going to put some genuine effort into updating this blog on a more regular basis this year, starting with making my Weekly Sidebar Updates actually a weekly occurrence once again. Check back in a week to see how it works out.

I'm kicking off 2007 with the ultimate Object of My Affection, Angelina Jolie. She is the sexiest woman in the world, bar none. I know I say that having not seen several billion of her potential rivals in this category, by which I mean half the world's population, but some things you can just tell. This is one of them.

Pros:
  • Way hot.
  • Oscar-winning actress who's still willing to get naked on film, bless her heart.
  • Super hot.
  • Social activist, but surprisingly non-obnoxious about it.
  • Super duper hot. With three t's. Hottt.
Cons:
  • Possibly crazy.
  • Collects third world babies like she's trying to complete a matching set.
  • Has no use for mere mortals such as me, since she can easily bag the sexiest man in the world, and according to some, has.
  • Still smells like Billy Bob Thornton.

Reading: Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver. Yes, again. The first time I mentioned this book here, it was way back in December 2005. I abandoned reading it soon after. And that wasn't even my first attempt to read the book. But now, I've finally gotten deep enough into the page count, and involved enough with the story and setting and characters, that I'm really going to finish it this time. No, really. I swear!

Watching: The Entourage season one DVD set, a Christmas gift from my sister and brother-in-law. Awesomely funny show, with one of the best characters on TV, Jeremy Piven's Ari Gold.

Listening: taking the week off. I think I'm going to keep this category on stand-by, for use only when I actually buy a new album. May find something to replace it, if I feel like it.

Hating: United Airlines. I have never experienced customer service so uniformly, abysmally awful as I did when trying to reschedule my flight into Denver (which was cancelled by the blizzard). You literally can not reach a person in the United States via their alleged customer service phone line. (And you know I can't abide misuse of the word "literally.") It's all been outsourced to India, where they weren't even aware the Denver airport had been closed. Fuck you, United, and your deliberately, offensively calculated efforts to screw over your customers. For more on this subject, visit Untied.com, a website entirely devoted to United's lousy treatment of its customers.

Lyric of the Week is a line that keeps sticking in my head from the "Weird Al" video for "It's All About the Pentiums" I posted yesterday. "If I ever meet you/I'll control-alt-delete you." My favorite line of the song, along with, "You've got your own newsgroup: alt.total.loser."

That's it for today! Let's see if tomorrow I make it two days in a row for posting in the new year.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com