Thursday, December 21, 2006

See You In '07

This may be jumping the gun, but I may be out of computer contact for the rest of the year. See, I'm planning on going out to visit my sister in Denver over the holidays. Unfortunately, Denver is plotting against me. With giant, flight-cancelling snow drifts. My flight was actually supposed to depart this morning. But Denver International is completely shut down until noon Friday at the earliest due to the blizzard. At this point, I have no idea when I'm going to be able to catch another flight, if at all. And United has been absolutely zero help. Their "customer service" is the worst I've ever encountered, by leaps and bounds. Their wretched phone line keeps disconnecting me before I can even speak to anyone. When I finally got through, I was on hold for thirty minutes, and then wound up talking to some schmoe in India who kept insisting that my flight was on time. I kept telling him that no, the whole airport was shut down, and my flight, as well as all others to and from DIA, were cancelled, and that he should look it up on his own company's website, United.com. He said, "We don't have access to that." So that was helpful.

Anywho. Normally, this time of year signals a flurry of top ten lists from yours truly. But my heart's just not in it right now. Honestly, I'd be hard pressed to come up with a list of anything other than my beloved TV. I bought maybe two new albums this year, I broke myself of the comics habit almost completely, and I hardly ever go out to see good movies anymore. I mean, I still see some, but not many are good. I actually saw School For Scoundrels, people. And that ain't good. If I were forced to make a top ten list of movies, it'd be, I don't know, two Leonardos, two Will Ferrells, a James Bond, and then I'd be stuck. I'd start throwing in shit like Snakes on a Plane.

As for TV, right now I'm too cranky and depressed to manage a list. Maybe sometime after New Year's. I will throw out a quick nod to Battlestar Galactica, which recently took its mid-season break with yet another awesome cliffhanger, and also note that if I could get one Christmas wish from Santa, it would be for another season of Deadwood -- or, at the very least, that the chumps at HBO and David Milch don't weasel out of their promise of two series-wrapping TV movies sometime next year.

Also on the TV front, I've got big news about a certain blogger you all know and love and his impending appearance on a certain TV show. But that'll have to wait till next year, too -- most likely, the first week of the New Year. If you're catching my drift, and I hope you are.

Thanks to all of you who have stuck around during the lean blogging output over the past few months. Happy gift-giving celebration of your choice, and a happy new year. I'll see you in '07!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com