Friday, March 24, 2006

META: Comments

I need to change the comments system on this blog. I think I've talked about this before, but I really really mean it this time for sure.

When I first started the blog, there was something about the commenting system provided by Blogspot that bugged me. I can't even remember what it was now, but it was very obnoxious at the time. So I removed Blogspot's comment link and added Haloscan's comment system. Which mostly does the job admirably. Except: it has a limited storage capacity. (For the free service that I use, at least.) Which means, once a certain amount of comments have been left, it begins deleting older comments to make room for new ones.

There's been a lot of great commenting going on here in the past couple weeks. Good comments, and loads of 'em. I hate to think that in a couple months, maybe less, they're going to vanish.

Sometime this weekend, hopefully, I'm going to switch back to the Blogspot comments system, which, from what I've seen on other Blogspot sites, has fixed whatever problem I may once have had with it, and is just fine and dandy. And I may see if I can transfer over what Haloscan comments still exist to the Blogspot comments, to keep the historical record intact. I expect this will drive me up the wall, trying to figure it out, so wish me luck.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com