Tuesday, March 21, 2006

MUSIC: The Sounds

Just wondering: anybody else familiar with the band The Sounds? I heard their album, Dying To Say This To You, at the record store today, found a used copy for $6.99, and picked it up on an impulse. I haven't done that for a long time -- bought an album by a band I'm completely unfamiliar with. Just to give you a comparison, the other two CDs I bought were Billy Joel's The Stranger and Sheryl Crow's Tuesday Night Music Club. I'm on the cutting edge of two decades ago! (Hell, these albums weren't exactly "cutting edge" when they were brand new, were they? But they're damn good. So there.)

I think The Sounds are Swedish (though they sing in English); I could confirm that pretty easily using the intarwebs, but I don't really feel like it. And I'm not sure how I'd describe the music -- synth-heavy, equally heavy guitars, poppish, but on the more rocking end of the scale. (The term "New Wave" suggests itself, but I'm ignoring it.) I'm really digging it. Anybody else ever heard of these people?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com