Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sidebar Update

A belated update this week. Preparing for yesterday's 100 Things I Love About Comics post took up too much time (and it's not even properly finished yet!).

Following last week's Object of My Affection, Katee Sackhoff, is another Battlestar Galactica babe: Dana Delany, guest star on last Friday's episode. Not that that's the first time I became aware of her; like every other non-Communist heterosexual male in America, I became infatuated with her as the tough and sexy Colleen McMurphy on China Beach. Then, of course, Satan answered my unholiest prayers, as she starred as the frequently-naked dominatrix queen in Exit to Eden, a truly, truly awful movie which I couldn't possibly love more. And as if that weren't great enough, then she became the voice of Lois Lane on the Paul Dini/Bruce Timm Superman animated series. Nerd heaven! And on Battlestar last week, she showed she's still as lovely as ever. And can you believe this: she'll be turning fifty in one month. Damn.

Still reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. And still watching Battlestar Galactica. We're up to season 2.0 now. Just two episodes left, and my friend will be stranded without new episodes until the Sci-Fi Channel starts rerunning the second half of this season. Bummer.

Listening to a classic: They Might Be Giants, Flood. A great album from start to finish, and my favorite by one of my favorite groups. Does make me feel a little old, though, when I hear the opening track herald "a brand-new record for 1990." Sixteen years ago? Yikes!

The Hating image is an actual screenshot from Yahoo's news links yesterday. The White House is making jokes about Cheney shooting a 78-year-old man in the face, just an hour before the dude has a heart attack, caused by a pellet lodged next to his heart... which got there because, oh, yeah -- the Vice President shot him. Hey, they say laughter is the best medicine, right?

The Lyric of the Week is from William Shatner and Joe Jackson's amazingly rockin' cover of "Common People." I might have to get that whole Shatner album. And finally, there's a new Wit and Wisdom of Barney. Hint: "burlesque entertainment"="stripping."

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com