Friday, September 16, 2005

TV: Countdown to Emmy liveblogging

Before I got sidetracked, what I was trying to post was a reminder that this Sunday, the 57th annual Emmy Awards will air. Which means we will also be seeing my 2nd annual Emmy Awards liveblogging extravaganza. (Well, as live as it gets, considering that, despite the fact that the show takes place in L.A., the broadcast will be tape delayed to us West Coasters. And, considering that my version of liveblogging consists of pausing the TiVo whenever I think of something oh-so-witty to write, running into the other room to type it up on the computer, and running back to the TV when I'm done. Which is a little less than live, but it still beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.)

My epic coverage of last year's Emmys brought a lot of new recognition to this then fairly new blog. And I think I've cemented my reputation as "that crazy son of a bitch who pays way too much attention to awards shows" with my ensuing Oscars and Golden Globes spectaculars. It's a lot of work, but honestly, I can't wait. So don't forget to tune in to both events! Reading my blog while watching the show is the next best thing to having an actual drunken, obnoxious loudmouth right in your own living room!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com