Thursday, September 15, 2005

COMICS: Wed. 9/14/05

I only got two comics yesterday, Daredevil vs. Punisher and Fables. Here are my reviews:

Daredevil vs. Punisher was pretty good.

Fables was pretty good.

Insight like that is why they pay me the big bucks!

Okay, what else can I say? I think David Lapham thinks the story of D vs. P is really about the young kid with the gun and his restaurant-running family, with some incidental superhero action filling things out. But that's the part of the story that loses me. I'm not interested in the kid or whether his family gets whacked by Mafia goons. I just want to see Daredevil and Punisher punching each other in the head. Is that so wrong? Fortunately, there's a lot of that kind of stuff happening this issue, too. So, Frank shoots an innocent bystander during their fight, and is paralyzed with guilt over it. Has that really never happened in a Punisher comic before? That dude's luckier with his collateral damage record than the Hulk.

And Fables wraps up the very entertaining Adversary storyline. The resolution was kind of abrupt, but sets up Pinocchio and Red Riding Hood in interesting situations. But though Boy Blue's adventures were very good, I'm ready to see Bigby and Snow return to center stage. (Whether that's the next story or not, I have no idea. I'm just saying I'm ready for it.)

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com