Wednesday, July 20, 2005

MUSIC: Greatest Albums follow-up

Just because I know you were all dying with curiosity, here's 25 (or so) albums off the top of my head that I would've included on Spin's 100 Greatest Albums 1985-2005 list.

I know I have a fairly narrow frame of music, and I don't know that I would fight to the death to defend most of these, but I think they're pretty damn good. Here they are alphabetically:

Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes
Bad Religion, Stranger Than Fiction
Barenaked Ladies, Gordon
Ben Folds Five, Whatever and Ever Amen
Johnny Cash, American Recordings
The Cure, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
Faith No More, Angel Dust
Peter Gabriel, So
Indigo Girls, Rites of Passage
Lemonheads, It's a Shame About Ray
Metallica, the black album
Metallica, ...And Justice For All
Alanis Morrisette, Jagged Little Pill
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, She's the One soundtrack
Rage Against the Machine, the first album
The Refreshments, Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy
R.E.M., Green
R.E.M., Out of Time
Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger
Bruce Springsteen, The Rising
Sugar, Copper Blue
Therapy?, Troublegum
They Might Be Giants, John Henry
Weezer, the first album
Neil Young, Harvest Moon

And, as I see it, the three biggest omissions, which I would fight to the death to defend*:

Foo Fighters, The Colour and the Shape
Green Day, American Idiot
Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever



*Well, your death, maybe.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com