Thursday, June 05, 2008

We! Thought! You! Was! A gamma-irradiated monster!

Possible spoilers ahead for The Incredible Hulk, based purely on speculation and the IMDb cast page:

So I was looking at the IMDb cast page for The Incredible Hulk. And speculating, of course, as I am wont to do. And I noticed that the role of Dr. Samson is being played by this guy:

Lame.

Ty Burrell, whom you may know as the non-imposing, weaselly, wimpy, and really shitty actor in such really shitty sitcoms as Back To You and Out of Practice. Now, presumably, should The Incredible Hulk be a success leading to further sequels, Dr. Samson is going to get his own dose of gamma radiation and become the superhero Doc Samson. Which is just terrible, terrible casting. I mean, look at this guy, and then look at what Doc Samson is like in the comics:

Foolish FEMALE!!

Yeah, I don't see it. Recasting!

On the other hand, the character Samuel Sterns, who in the comics becomes the big-headed evil supergenius The Leader:

Lo.

...is being played by this guy:

They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad!

Which I think is AWESOME. Go figure.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com