Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall 2007 TV: Premiere Week, Tuesday

"-dary!"

Yes! Barney finishes the "legendary" begun last season, and How I Met Your Mother is back in a big way. I love this show, and loved last night's episode. And I tell you what, that Mandy Moore is a little hottie. As Noel promised in the comments a couple posts ago, the mockery of Ted's facial hair was copious and hilarious, as was the mockery of his accidental tattoo -- or, more accurately, tramp stamp. I also got a huge kick out of Barney vowing once again, "This is so going in my blog!" And I especially loved the introduction into the show of SlapCountdown.com, which I've previously brought to your attention.

As for the rest of the night's viewing: I've already posted my thoughts on The Big Bang Theory; I've watched Chuck, and will review it in the morning; I'll watch Journeyman tomorrow, and hopefully review it by late afternoon; and I haven't watched Heroes yet, but I'm going to get to it as soon as I finish this post. I stay up late. I'm wild!!!

Let's take a look at the lineup for Tuesday of Premiere Week.

Tuesday night's going to be a little tricky for me, mainly because of ABC. I can, and will, skip the 90-minute Dancing with the Stars. Unfortunately, I've become interested in Boston Legal again, due entirely to the addition of John Larroquette, who joins following yet another cast purge and replenishment. Man, this show has gone through more major characters than all of Shakespeare's plays put together. At any rate, tonight's fourth season debut is also 90 minutes, which means it's interfering with the 9:00 hour. I'll have to do some creative scheduling to work this out.

NBC makes things easy for me, with a two-hour episode of The Biggest Loser, followed by season nine of Law & Order: Sports Utility Vehicle. Skip!

Fox adds to the trickiness. Bones begins season three, and then House begins season four. There's nothing I care about up against Bones, so I might check that out, just to see if it draws me back in. But at 9:30, the second half of House will overlap the beginning half hour of Boston Legal, and I'd really like to see them both. I can tape Boston and watch House, but that still leaves some difficulty.

CBS begins with NCIS, which I've never seen and probably never will. Then The Unit's third season starts at 9:00. I caught a couple of episodes of this hard-boiled, action-packed military drama at the end of last season, and really liked it. I'm curious to find out how the cliffhanger is resolved. Sadly, I'm not going to have that opportunity. Oh, well. Chalk up another sacrifice to the gods of scheduling. At 10:00 is the debut of new show Cane, which I am obligated to watch, for the sake of this blog. I can watch it while taping Boston Legal.

That leaves The CW, where my real dilemma lies. At 8:00 is Beauty and the Geek, and to hell with that. But at 9:00 is Reaper, the one new CW show I might actually get into. Due to ABC's shenanigans, it's up against Boston Legal when it ordinarily would not be. So how do I tape Boston Legal, watch House, and still review Reaper? I don't. Not on Tuesday night, anyway. But it turns out The CW will be repeating the pilot episode of Reaper on Thursday night at 9:00. Surprisingly, that's an easier time slot for me to work around. So my viewing, and reviewing, of Reaper will be tardy, but it'll happen. Hooray!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com