Wednesday, March 09, 2005

POTPOURRI

Why isn't The Chris Isaak Show out on DVD? I remember watching it once or twice when I had Showtime a few years ago, and I caught an old episode during the Showtime free preview on DirecTV this weekend -- and it's a pretty decent show. It's not great, but Isaak has a very cool and likeable persona, there's an enjoyable romantic tension between him and Kristin Dattilo, who plays his agent (manager? I'm not sure) Yola, and Jed Rees as keyboardist Anson is a very funny comedic sidekick. And I just enjoy seeing the San Francisco locations -- on the show, Isaak is the house band for Bimbo's 365, which is a great little club. I'm guessing the problem with releasing it on DVD is probably the same problem with getting WKRP on DVD -- music rights. Presumably, all of Isaak's music rights would be easy to secure -- but he had a lot of musical guests on the show. Like, every episode. That could cause some difficulties, rights-wise.



Hey, speaking of DVDs, did you know NewsRadio Seasons One & Two are coming out on disc in May? (Just one week after Scrubs Season One is released. May will be an expensive month for me.) Depending on how I feel on a given day, I'll usually count NewsRadio as one of the five best sitcoms ever (along with such oldies but goodies as M*A*S*H, Cheers, Taxi, WKRP, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Seinfeld, and... well, see, I'm already over five. That's why it varies). The witty, rapid-fire verbal interplay between Dave Foley and Maura Tierney, the tremendous physical comedy of Andy Dick -- and of course, Phil Hartman. The genius of Phil Hartman. Dammit, I'm still mad about his death! It was a wonderful show. This DVD set is great news. Can't wait.



It's already all over the place, but I might as well mention it here, too: rumor has it -- and I'm sure it's an extremely tenuous rumor at best, but still -- rumor has it that Quentin Tarantino is in talks to direct the next Friday the 13th film. Tarantino does Jason? If that actually happened, the fanboy overload would make my head explode.



Speaking of fanboy overload, a brief word about this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you squealed out loud the first time you saw this, or even if you just typed a post that included the word "*SQUEALS*", or some variation of such, and you are older than 13, you need to calm the fuck down. It's a very enjoyable children's fantasy series, but let's not go overboard. I mean, it's not a new Friday the 13th, for crying out loud!!!!!!11 *SQUEALS*

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com