Friday, February 11, 2005

MUSIC: Meme

I've been memed!

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:

I currently have no music that I didn't copy directly from a CD that I own. I used to have something like 600 downloaded songs, but that was on the computer that went kerplooey. So I've got 16 complete albums from various peoples, from Foo Fighters to They Might Be Giants to Joe Jackson to David Cross, plus another 17 songs picked from various other albums.

2. The last CD you bought was:

Green Day, American Idiot. My favorite new release of 2004. Also, the only new release I bought in 2004.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Billy Idol -- "White Wedding". I turned on the radio real quick, just so I'd have an answer.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

The Who, "Won't Get Fooled Again". Greatest rock song of all time.

Green Day, "The Grouch". Because it kicks ass, and because I am one. "I was a young boy that had big plans/Now I'm just another shitty old man/I don't have fun and I hate everything/The world owes me so fuck you."

Joni Mitchell, "The River". Joni's voice on this song may be the most beautiful sound I've heard in my life.

Barenaked Ladies, "If I Had $1,000,000". This was the song I used to play for people to convert them into BNL fans, way back when the only American airplay they were getting was on the Dr. Demento show. "But not a real green dress, that's cruel."

Bruce Springsteen, "Born to Run". The other greatest rock song of all time.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?

Dorian, because I bet he won't do it, and I think that's funny. Evan Dorkin, because he won't even be aware that I did it, and I think that's funny, too. And Fred Hembeck, because he actually might do it, and he's got good taste in music. (Plus, he's a Wonderfalls fan, too -- I gotta get me those DVDs!)



Thank you, Rick, for giving me an excuse to do a fill-in-the-blanks post, and making my Friday that much easier!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com