Tuesday, November 02, 2004

TV: Northern Exposure

At one time, Northern Exposure was my favorite TV show, and I thought Janine Turner was about the most beautiful woman in the world. I submit Exhibit A:

Fly me to the moon

Yowza.

Now, though, she's on a low-rent medicine commercial on late-night basic cable telling me, ever so earnestly, with a crinkle of her nose, "I know plenty about chronic dry-eye." That's so goddam sad I think I might cry.

But... I just can't summon the tears! Janine to the rescue: "One drop, twice a day, every day, helps me make more of my own tears. My tears: gotta love it. Thanks, Restasis."

Yeah, thanks. For ruining my memories of Janine Turner and Northern Exposure, you prescription-only bastard!

She's still super-hot, by the way.



Oh, also, remember when Rob Morrow left the show because he was going to be a big movie star? That went well, didn't it? Looking at his IMDb page, the only film he's done since leaving Northern Exposure that even made a blip on the national radar was Quiz Show, and that was in 1994. Way to parlay that flavor of the month popularity and petulant, troublesome reputation into a long and fruitful career, dude.

Labels: ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com