Monday, September 13, 2004

MUSIC: Are you what you are or what?

From the "How Quickly They Forget" department:

On the radio this morning, I heard a DJ introduce the song "What I Am"... by Eddie Brickell.

Eddie. He said it twice. Eddie Brickell. And he wasn't joking. He really had no idea who this person he was introducing was, or how to pronounce her name.

I remember seeing Edie (say it with me: Eee Dee) Brickell & New Bohemians play Zellerbach Auditorium on the UC Berkeley campus in my Sophomore year. Blue Rodeo opened for them. It was an incredible show. It was 1989. Fifteen goddam years ago.

So now, instead of getting irritated by this doofus on the radio, I just feel old. Damn. Choke me in the shallow water before I get too deep.

Labels: ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com