Monday, August 11, 2008

Orson Scott Card is a fucking lunatic

Dangerously insane sci-fi writer advocates overthrow of government as reasonable response to gay marriage.

Because when government is the enemy of marriage, then the people who are actually creating successful marriages have no choice but to change governments, by whatever means is made possible or necessary.... How long before married people answer the dictators thus: Regardless of law, marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down, so it can be replaced with a government that will respect and support marriage, and help me raise my children in a society where they will expect to marry in their turn.
This kind of hate for gays is nothing new from Card, but this is certainly a new extreme for him.

Damn shame. I really used to love Ender's Game.

Labels: ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com