Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mini Sidebar Update

Mini Sidebar Update for today. I'm not changing the Reading or Watching items, since I'm still reading Quicksilver (and possibly may still be reading it until the day I die), and I'm still watching the Entourage season 1 DVD. So there.

This week's Object of My Affection is Kate Walsh. I understand she's on some prime-time hospital-based soap opera which is inexplicably award-winning and popular. Bah to that show, I say. BAH! I was infatuated with Kate back when she was appearing on The Drew Carey Show and, later, The Norm Show. She was hot (and funny!) then, and she's hot ten years later. Everybody knows her now from that damn Grey's Anatomy. But I had a crush on her first. So hands off, chumps! Ms. Walsh also inspired the Lyric of the Week: a snippet from the theme song (in later seasons) to The Drew Carey Show, Ian Hunter's "Cleveland Rocks," as performed by The Presidents of the United States of America.

And the Hating slot goes to Rosie O'Donnell, for the impressive feat of making every wretched, awful person she feuds with seem sympathetic, sheerly by virtue of the fact that they are being attacked by Rosie O'Donnell. Stop making me pick sides with all these horrible people, Rosie! First Donald Trump, then Simon Cowell. If you make me start defending Paris Hilton against you, I will never forgive you (or myself).

And that's pretty much it. I just got sick of seeing the Sidebar stagnate, and wanted to spruce it up, even if only a little bit. Tomorrow night I may or may not be updating, as I'll be occupied with the online Jeopardy test! Boy, these game shows are really taking over my life, aren't they?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com