Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Humiliation Squared, DVD Style

No, I will NOT pledge that.

QUESTION: What's more humiliating than having to appear in a movie produced by a franchise that hasn't been funny for almost two decades (I'll be generous and include 1989's Christmas Vacation in the "funny" column), with second billing to renowned non-actress Paris Hilton?

Paula Who?

ANSWER: Having them misspell your name on the DVD box.

It's Paula Garces, geniuses. Or Garcés, if you want to go the extra mile and throw in the accent mark. Criminy! How long does it take to spellcheck a DVD cover that has literally eleven words on it?! (Twelve, if you count "Sorority" on the building in the background.)

P.S. No, I did not watch this abomination. I just noticed it on the shelf at the video store. And even though I'm not overly familiar with Ms. Garcés or her work (though I have seen her, apparently, in both The Shield and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle), I still immediately suspected "Paula Graces" had to be wrong. Yes, I notice random DVD cover misspellings. That's how I roll.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com