Monday, June 19, 2006

MOVIES: Dellamorte Dellamore if you're nasty

So, this is out on DVD:



Aw, HELLS yes. I've been waiting for Cemetery Man to hit DVD for, like, ever. I've seen this movie exactly once, about eight years ago on cable, and it blew my little mind out the back of my head. There's still a stain on the wall. And here it is, out on DVD just in time for my turn to choose the flick at the Weekly Horror Movie Club (also known as the Weekly Excuse To Get Hammered On Thursday Night Club).

It's an awesomely gory zombie movie, but what makes it really horrific is the relationship between Rupert Everett and the super-hot Anna Falchi. The cold, casual cruelty she inflicts, the things she drives him to do... now that is some sick and twisted shit. Seriously, between Michele Soavi (the director of Cemetery Man), Lucio Fulci, and Dario Argento -- there is something wrong with Italians. God bless 'em.

EDIT: Apparently, Amazon lied to me; they say the release date was June 13, but I went to two video stores today and couldn't find this DVD. Damn you, Amazon! Looks like I'm going with my emergency back-up for Horror Movie Night: Evil Dead.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com