Tuesday, June 28, 2005

META: Happy etc.

Well, this blog's one year anniversary came and went on Sunday, when I was still on vacation. Oh well.

It only occurred to me that it must be about a year because Mike pointed out Ian's one-year anniversary (also known as a "blogiversary", if you are a jackass). Hooray for Ian, and hooray for me!

I started up this blog (as my first post, linked above, details) specifically because I had to be registered with Blogspot to comment on Ian's journal. And I'm glad I did. It's been a great comfort having somewhere to unleash all the crazy, insignificant pop culture related thoughts I have -- somewhere where people don't eye me warily, pick up their drinks and move to the other side of the bar when I do so.

I've been slack about updating here recently, because the daily grind begins to wear you down after a while (I don't know how Mike has managed to update every single day without fail -- although, it probably helps to be employed at a comics shop, with thousands of back issues and a scanner to work with. Cheater!). I'm hoping this milestone will inspire me to redouble my efforts at entertaining all you folks in Bloggerland and, of course, myself. Because if I'm not having fun, what's the point?

A quick thanks to my fellow ACAPCWOVCCAOE members, including Mike, who coined the acronym (which is spelled out for you over in the links section to the right), Ian, Dorian, and Corey (whose blog has also recently hit the one-year mark), all of whose blogs half inspire, half shame me into keeping my own blog current and in trying to hit the heights that they do, and all of whom serve as real-life sounding boards for my fake-life rantings and ravings here.

So, thanks to all of you for visiting over the past year, and here's to the year ahead. Sláinte!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com