Thursday, March 17, 2005

Media Overload

I went on a shopping spree yesterday. In addition to my usual stop at the comics shop, I also picked up the DVD of The Incredibles (which amazed me yet again -- damn that's a great movie!), as well as three CDs:

--The Donnas, Gold Medal: I love The Donnas. And it's about time I picked up this latest album of theirs. I think it might take a while to grow on me; it didn't blow me away immediately, like their previous disc, Spend the Night (with its tremendous "Take It Off" single). The CD includes the very cool video for "Fall Behind Me," in which the Donnas inhabit a world of cheesy, 70s-style wall posters, with unicorns and rainbows and astrology symbols and black panthers and fire:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

--The Who, Live at Leeds: The Who is my favorite band of all time, yet I don't think I've ever actually owned this disc, which, according to many experts (Feb. 11 and Feb. 20 entries), is the greatest live album ever. I am not disinclined to agree. By which I mean, I agree. It kicks ass.

--The Presidents of the United States of America, The Presidents of the United States of America: I used to own this album. Then I didn't. Now I do again. I am happy.

As far as the comics go, I've only read three so far: Plastic Man, which takes some hilarious pokes at both teen conformity and big comic book crossover events; Hopeless Savages, which is always fun, and which I need to get more back issues of; and Young Avengers, which wasn't great, but still improved on the first issue, which was half really good, half eh.

More on the rest of my comics tomorrow. For tonight, I drink! Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who are Irish, and those who only wish they were (which is everyone else). And remember: an Irishman is never drunk so long as he can hold on to one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the Earth.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com