Monday, March 21, 2005

Did I mention she was smokin' hot?

Remember when I noted that odd piece of trivia on Bonnie Hunt's IMDB bio page: "Has never done a nude scene or posed nude in her career."

What an incredibly odd and irrelevant thing to observe, I thought. And then I saw this note on Jill Hennessy's IMDB page, which I think tops it by a mile:

"Bears a strong facial resemblance to Gloria Root, Playboy's December 1969 Playmate (as photographed in her gatefold appearance)."

Bears a strong facial resemblance??? Not even "is related to"? Just, "kinda looks like"? Dude. I'm always in favor of random Playboy references, but that is really reaching.

I get the sneaking suspicion that there's one IMDb contributor going to every single actress's bio page and making sure there's at least one allusion to nudity, no matter how jarringly unrelated to the actress or her career it might be.

"Audrey Hepburn: often took showers completely naked." "Grace Kelly: frequently nude beneath her clothing." "Doris Day: had two breasts (unconfirmed)."



Are you still here?

...Okay, I know what you're looking for. Yes, I found a picture of the Gloria Root centerfold. If I link to it, will you promise not to click on it at work? Deal?

Here you go.* I guess there's a little bit of a resemblance, if you squint.

You're welcome. Never let it be said I don't perform a public service at this blog.



*EDIT: How sad is it that I looked at that picture and found myself thinking, "I wonder how much that original pressing of Axis: Bold As Love on vinyl would be worth these days?"

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com