Tuesday, November 30, 2004

TV: Desperate Housewives

Boy, I need to get back in the habit of regular updating. Here's a couple quick TV notes, so I don't feel like I'm shirking my duties.



I'm still loving the hell out of Desperate Housewives, but I'm not wild about the promotional tack ABC took with last Sunday's episode. They went right ahead and guaranteed in advance that one of the housewives on Wisteria Lane would get killed. Whatever ratings boost that promo might have garnered them (as though they needed a boost), it was more than offset by spoiling the surprise for regular viewers. I might have been shocked by Mrs. Huber's death if it had come out of nowhere. But after the promos, I had to figure: obviously, none of the four leads are going to be killed. (What, did you really think they'd kill off Teri Hatcher?) Which left Nicolette Sheridan and nosy ol' Mrs. Huber. I thought killing off Sheridan would've been much bolder, especially after that bullshit Monday Night Football controversy put her in the spotlight, but nope. And once Mrs. Huber's involvement in Mary Alice's suicide was revealed midway through the episode, it was only a matter of counting minutes until she met her maker. Like I said, what could've been a nifty shocker without the advance notice turned into a disappointing anti-climax.



Ken Jennings will be on David Letterman tonight. You may draw your own conclusions as to what that means regarding his Jeopardy! winning streak... but I wouldn't miss tonight's Jeopardy! if I were you. I know I won't.

Labels: , , ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com