Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Night Is Movie Night

Why is Sunday night TV so awful? It's one of the most competitive nights of the week, ratings-wise, and advertising dollars-wise. But with baseball preempting the Fox cartoons, there's not a damn thing I want to watch.

I mean, I'm kind of watching the baseball game. After some lethargic play, putting them down 3-1 in the series to Cleveland, looks like the Red Sox suddenly decided they wouldn't mind going to the World Series after all. And I'm kind of watching the football game, too -- I'm even wearing my Broncos shirt. Hell, I've given up on Cal, might as well pick some other football team to root for.

So while everybody else is watching Desperate Housewives, or Cold Case, or Brothers & Sisters, or whatever the hell it is everybody watches, I think it's going to be movie night for me. The light all day has been eerily orange-grey, with the ash from the Malibu fire choking the sky; the wind outside is literally howling, kicking up gusts of 40, 50 miles per hour and more, shrieking through every crevice on the outside of the house. Just the right creepy atmosphere to watch 28 Weeks Later.

Back tomorrow with those final TV reviews I keep promising to write. Including Viva Laughlin. Capsule review: sucked.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com